First of all, studio monitors are unique tools that are used to achieve great sound. They are possibly one of the most important things when it comes to the best sound quality.
Anyhow, studio monitors are not always necessarily expensive. You can find some really good studio monitors that excel in performance and sound quality for a reasonable price. Therefore, studio monitors have a big price range that offers everybody to get at least one set of them.
Now, we are here to provide you with the information needed about the best studio monitors under 500 bucks. However, we will list a couple of studio monitors that we found really interesting and valuable. On the other hand, we will also talk about a couple of products you really want to avoid.
Best studio monitors under $500
Now, we will talk about everything good and bad about these studio monitors so you will have some valuable information.
Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers
If you happen to look for something that will provide the best sound quality and boost the energy of the listeners then you are on the right page. Edifier R1280T is possibly the best studio monitor in this price point category. Now, let’s see what exactly this beauty can do.
First of all, this studio monitor provides natural sound from 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4-inch full range unit. It really excels in the field of performance and offers great sound quality.
As for the design of the R1280T, we can say that it is nearly perfect. It is made from high-quality materials such as MDF wood and it really fits in the home décor.
- Great performance – The R1280T provides great sound quality and offers a lot of benefits for the buyer.
- Beautiful design – The design is really flawless. With the classic and elegant look, the R1280T will fit nicely everywhere.
- 2-year warranty – The company that made this beauty guarantees the high-quality and reliability of the products. Also, free parts are included as well as the 2-year warranty.
- Not easy to set up – Due to the weight of the studio monitors, it might be a little bit harder to set them up in the exact place in your home.
M-Audio AV32 | 10-Watt Compact Studio Monitor
The M-Audio AV32 is known for great performance and capability of providing great sound quality and energy.
In order to present this studio monitor, we will simply speak about its features. First, there is a flexible, uncovered speaker cones that are offering great and improved sound quality. Second, 3-inch woofer with 10-watt per channel amplifier is simply providing a great experience. Third, the AV32 is compatible with all your gear.
- Splendid performance – Providing great sound quality and awesome listening experience, the M-Audio AV32 really excels in performance.
- Compatibility – The AV32 is compatible with almost everything in your gear.
- Easy to set up – You will be able to connect this studio monitor easily and without troubles.
- The size – The AV32 is a little bit oversized.
Edifier S2000pro Powered Speakers
In order to describe this awesome studio monitor, we first need to discuss its features. Now, the Edifier S2000pro has audiophile components, which means that it is designed to produce the best sound quality.
As for the connectivity, this studio monitor is able to connect via Bluetooth or any other wireless option. This is considered very useful for those who like to move their studio monitors from time to time.
- Audiophile components – Every audiophile will simply be amazed by the quality of the sound the S2000pro provides.
- Elegant design – The S2000pro is made out of the finest wood materials and it looks very elegant and classy.
- 2-year warranty – S2000PRO is made to last and provide great quality of the sound, therefore, the warranty is included.
- None – The S2000pro is simply working like a charm and there are no major cons.
On the first look, this studio monitor looks mediocre, but if you get to know the qualities and features, you will definitely change your mind.
Now, with the Alesis M1 Active 320 USB that provides the best sound quality, you will be able to experience clear sound. Also, there is a plug-n-play option that really makes this studio monitor valuable and great.
- The versatility of options – There are a lot of options and ways to use this awesome studio monitor.
- Easy to use – There are no complicated installations involved with the M1 Active 320 setup.
- Built-in audio interface – Simply speaking, you will be able to play audio from your computer and record audio coming into the speaker.
- Oversimplified design – As we told before, on the first look, the M1 Active 320 seems a little bit mediocre and ordinary.
Yamaha HS5 Powered Studio Monitors
This studio monitor contains four items such as a pair of Yamaha HS5 studio monitors and a pair of structure cables that are long 20 feet.
If you wonder about the sound quality, well, with the 2-way bass-reflex and a bi-amplified, the sound quality is superb. Also, the HS5 is offering a great listening experience for true music lovers.
- Great design – On the first look, the HS5 seems really good-looking and elegant. The white color is good in the combination with black details.
- High-quality sound – If you are a true music lover, you will absolutely love the sound quality of this studio monitor.
- Convenient for studios – The HS5 is really excelling its performance in studios.
- Cables – The cables are not compatible with every other device, so check first if the HS5 is for you.
Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Speakers
This is possibly the best studio monitors under $500 we have stumbled upon. With the amazing sound quality and the versatility of sound, true audiophiles will be amazed of the capability of the Edifier R2000DB.
Furthermore, we can say that the design is pretty simple and elegant which that makes this studio monitor more unique and astonishing. Also, the setup process is pretty easy so you will have no troubles connecting or using the R2000DB.
- Built-in wireless controls – With this feature, the Edifier R2000DB excels in the field of performance.
- Eagle eye feature – With the newly developed silk dome, the clear and high0quality sound is ensured.
- Awesome performance – Simply speaking, the R2000DB is great for computers or any other tools. Also, the sound quality is superb.
- There are no major cons – Simply speaking, there are no major cons about this studio monitor.
Studio monitors under $500 you really want to avoid
We will present some studio monitors that are not considered that valuable and good. Anyhow, you might want to avoid them if you stumble upon them.
Rosewill Computer Speakers for Music
Now, we will discuss everything good and bad about this studio monitor, so you can get a full picture. Simply speaking, this studio monitor is not that great in performance. Many other studio monitors perform better, but this one is mediocre.
As for the design, we can see that this exact studio monitor is not really good looking or anywhere close to that. As we all know, there are many forms in design but this one is just not good enough to be called beautiful.
- It’s not that hard to connect and use – The setup process is not complicated, therefore, you will have no trouble with it.
- Convenient for houses – The Rosewill works better in more isolated rooms.
- Mediocre performance – There are some background noises that you can hear the sound that the Rosewill makes.
- Not worth the money – Simply speaking, for the money you would spend on this studio monitor, you can get way better deals.
Dual Electronics LU53PB 5 ¼ inch
If you look at this studio monitor, there is not much to be impressed with. The performance is mediocre due to the fact that it doesn’t have the tools to produce the best sound quality like some other studio monitors.
Furthermore, the design is also simple and a little bit oversimplified. It comes in a black color and it is considered simple.
- Weather resistant – This is actually a good thing about the LU53PB, it makes it resistant to many weather conditions.
- 1-year warranty – Also a good thing to have as an option, you can always return it.
- Hard to setup and not that simple to use – For those that don’t have much knowledge about studio monitors, the setup process will be hard.
- Not great at performing – There are many complaints about the performance and the sound quality of the users.